Wednesday, October 29, 2014

The path of love, for me was always wrong...


All it took was one glance and I felt something different,

I couldn’t tell either if it was your eyes or your smile

But there was a pull from deep inside that I’d never felt before.

As time went on the pull got stronger,

The truth came out,

My  past was told but,

I felt safe…

My like for you blossomed into something I don’t even believe in…

Love.

I told you about it, you said nothing.

Your silence left me on edge for days,

And when you came back, you acted just the same.

I should’ve known then that something was wrong.

Instead my heart came out from behind her barriers,

The elaborate fortress that she had built from years of abuse to protect herself from people,

People like you.

And now she’s bleeding as she limps back to her home,

She doesn’t want to go back though, she wanted to stay with you…

But as she takes the dagger out of herself she realizes that it was the usual thing she hates,

A Beautiful Lie.

So for now I cradle her close inside me,

She aches and cries for a love she’s always been craving,

But never get fulfilled.

And it just affirms her worst fears…

She will always be alone,

Because no one can love her.

She doesn’t want to pick up the shattered pieces of herself anymore,

They’ve broken too many times

None of them fit right anymore.

She’s fought too many battles, gotten hurt every time and she just wants to give up…

So I’ll bandage her up,

Hide her again,

Tell her how much I love her and need her.

And hope that maybe her aching will stop as time goes on…

So it won’t affect me

All over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment